One of my favorite ways to use dried blueberries is in a homemade granola, but they also taste fantastic with chocolate and raw cashews. I’ve made another version of these before, and they are impossibly rich and decadent, and look adorable when set. Let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving to allow the chocolate to slightly soften.
RAW CHOCOLATE CUPS WITH BLUEBERRIES AND CASHEWS
Yield 8 pieces
- 1/8 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 TB brown rice syrup
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted (divided)
- 2/3 cup vegan cocoa powder, divided (I used Ghiradelli brand)
2 TB raw agave syrup, divided
- Place the raw cashews into a small food processor and crush into a coarse powder. Add in the dried blueberries, brown rice syrup and salt, then pulse again until the mixture forms one big blob.
- Scoop out a heaping 1/2 tsp of the mixture. Roll it into a small ball, then flatten it between your palms. Make sure that the size of the disc is small enough to fit into the mini baking cup with a little space around the edges. Repeat until you have 8 discs.
Melt 1/3 of the coconut oil in a small glass measuring cup. Whisk in 1/3 of the cocoa powder, then add in 1 TB of the raw agave syrup. Taste the mixture and add more agave if you want it sweeter.
Lay out the baking cups onto a flat plate, then pour the chocolate into the baking cups. It’s important that you only put enough chocolate into the bottom to just cover it. Place into the freezer to set for about 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer.
Place the discs on top of the hardened chocolate. Repeat the steps for making the chocolate, then pour that over the tops of the discs until they are covered completely. Place in the freezer to set for another 10 minutes.
Store in the refrigerator, and allow the cups to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating for the best taste and texture.
You can also sub dried cherries, figs, dates or other dried fruit for the blueberries here. Macadamia, almond or hazelnuts can be subbed for the cashews as well.