Pssst … have you heard? Randy Clemens over at The Sriracha Cookbook has announced via The Pasadena-Star News that the Irwindale City Council voted to dismiss its public nuisance complaint against Huy Fong Foods, maker of the popular “rooster sauce” version of sriracha as of yesterday. I was sweating a bit over the potential order to the close the plant due to the odor complaints over the past several months. I mean, I’ve never been to Irwindale, but how could something that is so delicious and induces so much happiness be a bad thing? All that matters is that it doesn’t matter anymore. And I no longer need to stockpile at least four bottles of it in my pantry to make any of these delicious sriracha-based dishes. But maybe I will anyway.
1. Sriracha-Nooch Seasoning: Faux-cheesy, sprinkly and perfectly spicy.
2. Whisky-Sriracha Candy: Boozy, Spicy and Sweet.
3. Sriracha-Habanero Vegan Buffalo Wings: Because sometimes sriracha needs an extra kick.
4. Whisky-Sriracha Caramel Corn. See #2.
5. Fiery Sriracha Pearls: These pearls are 100% vegan.
6. Homemade Sriracha Sauce: In case you’d like to clear out your sinuses the natural way.
7. Garlic-Sriracha Vegan Buffalo Wings: Tofu at its best.
8. Chocolate-Sriracha Shortbread Cookies: Don’t knock it ’till you’ve tried it.
9. Tempeh Reuben: The best use of Sriracha-Vegenaise. Ever.
10. Sesame-Roasted Cauliflower with Sriracha-Vegenaise Dressing: If you’ve never paired sesame oil and sriracha together, you’re missing out. This is a great way to try this combo out!
11. Sriracha and Peanut Butter Tofu: See #10, but replace “sesame oil” with “peanut butter.”
12. Roasted Garlic and Sriracha Hummus: A classic with a kick.
13. Baked Oyster Mushrooms with Dynamite Sauce: Proof that eating vegan is totally doable and delicious.
14. Quick and Easy Sriracha Tofu with Ramen Noodles: The ultimate comfort food with a kick.