- 1 pound tofu, pressed for at least an hour
- Fresh lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 3–4 cloves of minced garlic
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp each of dried basil and oregano
- 3 tbsps vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 cups bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups onion, finely diced
- 3–4 Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausages, ground in a food processor
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jar of prepared pasta sauce, vegan
- 3 tsps Ener-G, whisked with 4 TB water
- No-boil lasagna noodles
- Daiya, mozzarella style shreads
- First, prepare your ricotta cheeze mixture by putting the pressed tofu into a food processor, along with the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, dried spices and vegan parm or nutritional yeast. Give it a good chop in the processor until crumbly, then add the oil and process again until the mixture forms a solid mass in the processor. Transfer to a bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once you are ready to make the lasagna, saute in a large pan separately in olive oil, until browned: the onion, mushrooms and field roast. Once each item has been browned, transfer to a bowl while you saute the other components.
- Add the garlic to the saute pan and then the prepared pasta sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then add the sauteed items to that, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add the Ener-G mixture and stir well.
- Now you are ready to assemble the lasagna. Start by spraying a 9X13 glass pyrex with canola oil. Spoon a small layer of the pasta mixture into the pyrex. Take an uncooked, no-boil noodle and spread a generous layer of the tofu ricotta onto each noodle and place, ricotta-side up, until the layer is completed. Spoon another layer of the sauce mixture over that, and then repeat the ricotta/noodle step, but this time placing it ricotta-side down. Spoon another layer of the sauce mixture over that. Dash some parmesan over that and cover the pyrex with aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes, covered. Take the foil off and bake for another 30 minutes. Sprinkle with daiya shreads and place back into the over for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the lasagna rest for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!