CHICKPEA NOODLE SOUP
Yield 4 servings
- 4 TB olive oil
- 6 ounces capellini, broken into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 TB mirin or dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups of pressed and finely diced tofu
- 1/3 cup chickpea miso
- Saute the pressed tofu in 2 TB of the oil until browned in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the rest of the oil and add the carrots and onions and saute for 10 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms and herbs and sautee for 5 minutes more. Deglaze the pot with the mirin or wine and then add the stock and chickpeas.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the capellini and cover again. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove the lid. In a small bowl, combine the miso with a bit of the broth until its well combined, then add that back into the pot. Add in the sauteed tofu and incorporate well into the soup.
- Once you’ve added in the miso, don’t boil the soup—it will destroy all of the beneficial enzymes in the miso. Enjoy!
Recipe by Olives for Dinner at https://olivesfordinner.com/2011/01/vcon-chickpea-noodle-soup.html