for the dressing
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
for the salad
- 14 oz. firm tofu, cubed into dice-sized pieces (no need to press the tofu: dry-frying actually works better when there is some moisture left in the tofu.)
- 1 bunch of curly kale, destemmed and ripped into small piecespomegranate seeds (optional)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Dry-fry the tofu cubes on each side until browned, about 7 minutes per side. It’s not necessary to saute all sides. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the dressing to the saute pan and toss the cubes around to coat them.
- Allow the sauce to reduce slightly until it is bubbly and slightly thick, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss the kale and tofu together, and drizzle the leftover dressing from the pan onto the salad. Top with the pomegranate seeds.