- 10–12 brussel sprouts, washed and halved (remove and reserve the bases for making homemade stock later)
- 6 cloves of garlic, halved
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with some olive oil. Place the brussel sprout halves face down on the aluminum foil, topping each sprout with a little more olive oil. Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and, using tongs, gently lift off the multiple layer of leaves from the sprouts, and place around the baking sheet, ensuring that the leaves do not overlap each other too much.
- Add the garlic to the baking sheet and return it to the oven. Check on the leaves and garlic every 3-5 minutes, removing any leaves that begin to slightly caramelize, placing those onto a plate or small bowl near your stovetop. Repeat this process until all of the leaves and garlic are slightly caramelized. Top with the coarse sea salt.