- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup expeller pressed oil (I use walnut oil)
- 2 1/2 cups thick rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup oil into a 1-cup sized measuring cup. Top it off by slowly pouring the 1/2 cup of brown rice on top of that. (The brown rice syrup is very sticky—pouring it into a partially-filled cup of oil ensures that it won’t stick to anything.) Pour the mixture into a small bowl and mix vigorously for about a minute, using a strong fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the blueberries and salt. Give the oil and syrup mixture another good stir and then pour it over the granola mixture. Stir until all of the granola is very well-coated.
- Grease the corners of a large baking sheet with a bit of oil, then spread the granola onto the baking sheet evenly. Sprinkle with the salt and then place in the oven to bake for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes to prevent burning or sticking.
- Stir the blueberries into the granola once it comes out of the oven. Let it cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container.