- You’ll need 3 wide and shallow bowls, enough to accommodate the length of the okra. In one of the bowls, combine the soymilk and vinegar to create a vegan equivalent of buttermilk.
- Set aside and allow to thicken for at least 20 minutes. Throw the okra in the mixture to soak.
- In another bowl, combine the next four ingredients. Whisk your Ener-G and water in the third bowl.
- Heat plenty of the oil (enough to submerge the okra) in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. You can tell when the oil is ready by inserting a wooden spoon into the oil, touching the bottom of the pan: if bubbles form immediately around the spoon, your oil is ready.
- Working in batches, roll the okra in the buttermilk, then dunk it into the Ener-G mixture. Dunk it again into the buttermilk, then roll in the flour mixture, ensuring that it is well-coated. Slowly add the okra to the oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the okra and, while the oil is still wet, sprinkle it with some salt. Serve immediately.