- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 TB cumin
- 1/2 tsp habanero powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 red onion or 3 small shallots, chopped
- 4–6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- cheddar or mozzarella daiya
- Fresh tortillas
- olive oil
- to serve: fresh cilantro, Tofutti sour cream, salsa
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Combine the first five ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions or shallots and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for a minute more. Add the spice blend to the skillet and mix well, sauteing about a minute more.
- Add in the black beans and frozen corn, sauteing for about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and throw in the tomatoes.
- Place a tablespoon of oil onto a cookie sheet. Place the tortilla onto the oil and swirl it around, and then flip it over. Place into the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and repeat oiling a fresh tortilla. Place a generous amount of the skillet mixture onto the tortilla and place into the oven. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a handful of the daiya.
- Place the cooked tortilla on top and put it back in the oven for 2 minutes more. Slice with a pizza cutter to serve.