- 1/2 cup Tofutti non-hydrogenated Sour Supreme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- One large celery root
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 granny smith apple, finely diced
- Combine the vegan sour cream and basil, set aside.
- To peel the celery root, slice off both ends of it so you can lay it flat on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice off the skin in strips, keeping as much of the root intact as possible. Quarter the fully peeled root, and grate each of the sections on the coarse side of a grater.
- Heat the oil In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the grated root and saute until well-browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with the basil cream and a sprinkle of the chopped apples.