A slow saute of lacinato kale in a bit of Earth Balance, olive oil and soy sauce transforms into perfection on a plate. This easy-to-prepare kale is a nutritional powerhouse, delivers a rich and buttery taste and offers a complex array of textures. This dish can stand alone as a meal or serve as a perfect compliment to almost any main course.Print
- 2 TB Earth Balance
- 1 TB olive oil
- One whole head of garlic, peeled and separated
- One bunch of lacinato kale, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1–2 TB sesame seeds
- red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Melt the Earth Balance in a large, flat-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat.
- Smash each of the garlic cloves with the side of a broad knife and throw them into to melted vegan butter. Add in the olive oil and soften the garlic for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once it is softened, remove the garlic from the skillet, but leave the remaining liquid.
- Increase the heat to medium and place the kale into the skillet and cover. Allow to slightly wilt for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle with the softened garlic, sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes.