- 1 medium-sized eggplant
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/8 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 5–6 cloves of garlic, minced and slightly sauteed
- focaccia bread, sliced
- balsamic viniagrette, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Rinse the eggplant and slice off both ends, then slice the eggplant in half, lengthwise. Using a mandoline slicer, slice both pieces of the eggplant into thin strips.
- Place on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet in a single llayer. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 25 minutes, checking it after 15 minutes.
- Make the hummus by blending the next five ingredients in a small food processor. Set aside.
- The eggplant is ready when it is nicely browned and crispy. Remove it immediately from the baking sheet or it will stick.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the eggplant and hummus and serve with a side a balsamic viniagrette.