- 2 whole heads of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2–3 TB tahini
- Preheat your oven to 350.Separate all of the garlic cloves from the bulbs, but do not peel them. Place the bulbs in a small pyrex glass dish, and pour the oil over the top. Stir to combine. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring once during this time. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Then, remove from the oven, and allow the garlic to cool completely.
- Remove the garlic from their papery skins by applying a little pressure at the base, and placing them into a food processor. Discard the papery skins on a plate, and reserve the leftover oil in the dish. Once you’ve gotten all of the garlic into to the food processor, pick up all of the skins in your hand and give them a good squeeze into the food processor to release all of the buttery and flavorful garlic oil.
- Place the beans into the food processor with the garlic and pulse a few times. Now add in the tahini and the leftover garlic oil in your pyrex dish. Pulse until smooth, then transfer to a serving dish.