for the syrup
- 1 TB clementine zest
- zest of one lime
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 TB sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup water
for the sorbet
- 6 clementines, peeled and quartered
- 1 lime, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- The day before making the sorbet, place the ice cream bowl component of an ice cream maker into the freezer to chill.
- To make the sorbet, place all of the syrup ingredients into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree. Add in the clementines, lime and 1 cup of water. Puree again, then place in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Pour the entire mixture into the chilled ice cream bowl component and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the freezer.