- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 lemongrass hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 TB chickpea flour
- 5 TB plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ener-G, whisked with 2 TB water
- pinch of turmeric (optional, for color)
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Tofutti sour cream, for serving
- extra chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Cut off both end of the zucchini and grate them on the coarse end of a box grater. Place the shredded zucchini onto a tea towel or a very fine cloth mesh strainer, and squeeze until almost all of the water has been removed. They should be really dry, almost crumbly after you are done. Place into a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt, then add in the chopped shallot, lemongrass hearts and parsley. Stir gently until well combined.
- Add in the flours and baking powder, then stir again until well coated. Add in the Energ-G/water mixture and stir until everything is coated evenly. Add in a pinch of turmeric and salt and pepper as desired. Then cover and place into the freezer for 20 minutes to chill, or into the refrigerator for 45 minutes up to a few hours to chill.
- When you are ready to make the fritters, preheat a large skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add in 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Form 3-inch diameter-sized flattened cakes, and place into the pan to fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with the vegan sour cream and fresh chopped parsely.