for the wontons
- vegan wonton wrappers
- freshly ground natural peanut butter
- sambal oelek
- vegetable oil, for frying
for the chocolate sauce
- 2 TB raw virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 TB unsweetened cocoa (I used Ghirardelli brand)
- 1–2 TB powdered sugar
- Assemble your wontons by placing 3/4 tsp peanut butter and 1/4 tsp sambal into the center of a wonton wrapper. Fold your wontons and place to the side on a greased plate, covered by a damp paper towel until you are ready to fry them.
- Heat plenty of vegetable oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. After about 7 minutes, insert a wooden spoon into the oil, touching the bottom of the pan. If bubbles form immediately around the spoon, you are ready to fry.
- Fry only 2-3 wontons at a time, flipping them over once to ensure even frying. After 1-2 minutes, they should be golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Once all of your wontons are assembled, make your chocolate sauce by whisking together the coconut oil, cocoa and powdered sugar. Serve immediately with the wontons.