- 1 cup of whole raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 1/2 cup cold water (use a little more or less for a thinner or thicker consistency)
- 2 TB full-fat canned coconut milk (skim the thick portion off the top of the can)
- 1 tsp coconut vinegar (apple cider vinegar will also do, but coconut vinegar is much better)
- Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- Place them into a blender with the ½ cup water and puree until smooth and there’s no grit when you rub the mixture between your fingers, then add in the coconut cream and coconut vinegar, blending again.
- (You can also use an immersion blender to achieve a smooth texture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.)
- The cream will last a few days in the refrigerator.
* You can also soften the cashews by placing them into simmering water for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes