- Whisk together the brown sugar and coconut cream in a heavy-bottomed, medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium low heat until it comes to a small simmer.
- Add in the salt and stir, then continue to allow it to simmer, without stirring, for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Slowly sprinkle in the baking powder (it will bubble and rise, so take care), then carefully and slowly add in the whiskey, stir, then the sriracha and stir again, taking care because it will bubble and rise some more.
- Transfer the caramel sauce to a jar and place in the freezer to chill. The whiskey will inhibit the caramel from becoming solid. You can keep it in the freezer and simply scoop out the desired amount as needed.
- To clean your pot and utensils, just fill the pot with hot water and throw in any utensils you used into the pot. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes—the caramel should slide right out of the pot very easily.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes