- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 TB dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- sambal, to taste (I used 1/4 cup)
- 2 TB sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup raw red onion, sliced into thin half moon shapes
- Snap the ends off the green beans and discard or use for making vegetable stock later. Rinse and pat dry. Place the beans into a large prep bowl. Whisk together the sesame and soy sauce, then drizzle over the beans. Toss to coat.
- Place the beans onto a grilling tray in a single layer. Grill on high for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Throw the grilled green beans back into the prep bowl and toss again with the leftover sesame oil mixture in the bottom. Drizzle with sambal and toss again, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and red onion. Serve warm or at room temperature.