Recipe reprinted with permission from Homestyle Vegan by Amber St. Peter, Page Street Publishing Co. 2016
I am a total potato head. I grew up in Maine, where we had some form of potatoes at least two meals a day. I love ’em! This recipe is a really easy dinner idea that looks much fancier and more impressive than the amount of work required to make it. Just a few ingredients and you’re on your way to a delicious date night dinner or meatless Monday meal!
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 lb [450 g] each)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, stems discarded, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC).
- Thinly slice the potatoes three-fourths of the way through for the entire length of the potato.
- Lay the potatoes in a cast-iron pan or on a lined baking sheet and brush all over with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, brush them generously with more olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 more minutes.
- Remove the potatoes one last time from the oven and carefully sprinkle the garlic and rosemary all over, making sure to push most of it into the crevices of each slice. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, then serve immediately!