This isn’t really a recipe—it’s more of a guide! Inspired by Bon Appétit.
- 2 cups cold+leftover rice
- ochazuke wakame or furikake seasoning (can be found at most Asian grocers, some contain bonito or fish, double-check the label)
- black and white sesame seeds
- 1 recipe carrot lox (omit the liquid smoke if you’d like)
- 1/2 toasted nori sheet, cut into strips
- fresh avocado, sliced
- pickled plums (can be found at most Asian grocers)
optional, for serving
- lime wedges
- vegan mayo
- green tea
- Distribute the cold rice between two bowls. Sprinkle with the desired amount of rice seasoning and sesame seeds. Top with the desired amount of carrot lox, nori strips, avocado and pickled plums.
- Serve with lime wedges, sriracha or vegan mayo (or sriracha-mayo) and green tea, if desired.