Tots, smothered in buffalo sauce, then baked to crispy perfection. Drizzle or dunk in a vegan bleu cheese dressing.
for the tots
- enough frozen tots to fill a medium-sized cast iron pan (I filled my 9-inch cast iron pan with 55 tots)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3–4 TB olive oil
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter, plus more if desired
- vegan bleu cheese dressing (I used Daiya brand)
- 2–3 chopped scallions
- 2–3 TB chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss the tots in the garlic and onion powders, then drizzle with the olive oil and toss again.
- Arrange in a circular pattern in a cast iron skillet.
- Bake according to package instructions. (See Notes below)
- Remove from oven, flip each tot then bake for 5-10 minutes more.
- Combine the butter and buffalo sauce together. Drizzle over the tots, then bake for 5-10 minutes more. Add more buffalo sauce as desired.
- Serve immediately with the vegan bleu cheese dressing, scallions and cilantro.
Most tots have to baked much longer than package instructions to get crispy. After the initial bake, be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning.