Easy homemade pizza dough, with ideas + inspo for toppings and other variations.
for the pizza dough
- 4 cups 00 flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast dissolved in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
to top off
- 1–2 cups prepared pizza sauce
- 1 bag vegan cheeze shreds
- 2–3 links vegan sausage, crumbled up and browned
- 1/2 large red onion, diced and sauteed until golden
- handful of oil-cured olives
- 4–6 cloves sauteed garlic
to make the pizza
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the yeast and water in a measuring cup, add to bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a floured surface.
- Knead until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Divide into 2 portions.
- Transfer to bowls and cover with plastic wrap, allowing to rise for a couple of hours.
- Once risen, preheat oven to 450. If using a pizza stone, place into oven to preheat.
- Form dough into 10-inch diameter disks.
- Form crust by pressing your fingertips into edges.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto dough in a thin+even layer.
- Top with vegan cheese, followed by browned vegan sausage, red onion and olives.
- I brushed the crust with some olive oil and sprinkled with some coarse salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and bake for 2-3 minutes more.
- Allow to slightly cool, then slice and serve.