A simple pasta dish, tossed in a sauce made with garlic, vegan butter, shallots and white wine. Toss in vegan chick’n, halved fresh cherry tomatoes or mushrooms to taste! Finish with a squeeze of lemon or some fresh grated vegan parm.
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6–8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 servings pasta (I used 200 g Bucatini pasta)
- a few TB olive oil and a generous amount of salt, to season the pasta water
- 12 oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, warmed in the oven or toaster, with extra vegan butter to slater it with
to prepare the sauce
- In a wide and shallow dutch oven or skillet, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, reduce the heat the medium low.
- Add the shallots and stir to combine with the vegan butter. Allow to soften until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and olive oil, stir to combine, and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, making sure your garlic does not turn brown or burn.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan, then let the wine cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder to the pan, and reduce the heat to low.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions, making sure to season your water with olive oil and salt. Turn the heat off.
- Using tongs, transfer the pasta straight to the pan with the sauce, increase the heat to medium-low, and toss to coat.
- Add in about 1/3 cup of the pasta water, just enough to loosen everything up and make it glossy.
- Add in the parsley and olives and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat, and distribute the pasta into two bowls.
- Serve immediately with the warmed bread.