A vegan cheese ball recipe, perfect for the holidays. Made with vegan cream cheese, vegan cheese shreds, pecans, olives, spices, scallions and chives.
- one cup of vegan cream cheese, left out at room temp to soften for about an hour
- one cup of vegan shredded cheese, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1 TB chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 2/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup black Greek olives or any mild buttery black olive, roughly chopped (*see notes below)
- cooking spray, to oil your hands
- Place all of the ingredients except for the pecans and olives into a large prep bowl. Stir to combine until a shaggy ball forms.
- Combine the chopped pecans and olives of your choice onto a flat plate.
- Oil your hands with the cooking spray.
- Pick up the vegan cheese ball and pack it into a ball shape as much as you can. Roll it onto the pecan/olive mixture to coat, pressing it evenly into the ball.
- Wrap the vegan cheese ball in cling wrap, twisting it up the the top to seal.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, crusty bread, carrot sticks or anything you like.
* If you are looking for a more intense/salty olive, try Kalamata or oil-cured olives. If using one of these, scale back the portion to about 2 chopped tablespoons for Kalamata or 1 chopped tablespoon for oil-cured olives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- To chill and set: 1 hour
Keywords: vegan cheese ball