These buffalo cauliflower wings are so crispy and delicious! Toss these wings into a fresh green salad, tuck them into tacos, or just serve them up with vegan ranch or bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks!
for the cauliflower
- one head of cauliflower, cut into evenly sized florets
for the dry ingredients
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1 TB onion powder
- 1 TB paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cayenne (optional)
for the wet ingredients
- 1 cup soymilk, with 2 tsp apple cider vinegar whisked in
- 2 TB Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, blended with 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 2 TB bourbon
- 1 TB hot sauce
for frying and coating
- Spray oil
- at least one cup of prepared buffalo sauce. (You can also make your own by mixing a 1:1 ratio of melted vegan butter with a vinegar-based hot sauce)
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1–2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1–2 TB chopped red onion
- vegan bleu cheese dressing (I used Daiya)
to prep the cauliflower
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place the cauliflower florets into the pot, let the boil return, wait about a minute, then transfer the florets to a cookie sheet with a wire rack over it to cool. Leave out until cooled, or throw into your refrigerator.
to make the breading
- Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a separate medium-sized bowl.
- Working one piece at a time, coat the florets evenly in the dry mixture, tapping off any extra and placing them back onto the wire rack.
- Working one piece at a time, dunk the florets into the wet mixture, then coat evenly with the flour mixture.
- Return the battered cauliflower back onto the wire rack and place into the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
to air fry the cauliflower
- Spray the cauliflower florets evenly with cooking spray. Place into the air fryer in a single layer (you will need to work in batches based on the size of your cauliflower and air fryer) at 400 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. Respray, flip and spray again over any areas that look dry and cook for an additional 4 minutes to achieve a deeply golden color and crinkly texture all over.
- Place the buffalo sauce into a bowl, add the florets to gently toss, then place back into the air fryer for 2 minutes. Toss again in the buffalo sauce right before serving, if desired.
- Serve immediately in a salad, burger or taco.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Boiled, Battered, Chilled, Air Fried
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower wings, vegan buffalo wings, recipe for buffalo cauliflower