These carrot lox crackers are perfect for the holidays. Use a piping bag filled with vegan cream cheese, then top with salt-baked carrots and garnish with minced red onion, capers and microgreens for an elegant feel. This is a perfect one-bite vegan appetizer!
- one recipe carrot lox, using Signature Select® heavy duty aluminum foil to cover during roasting time
- Open Nature® Water Crackers
- one container of vegan cream cheese, transferred to a piping bag with any tip of your choice
- 1/4 cup minced or mandolined red onion
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup microgreens or 1/4 cup fresh dill
- Signature Select® salt and pepper set, to season
- To prepare for assembly, remove the carrot lox from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Place the water crackers onto a serving tray. Pipe each with some of the vegan cream cheese, followed by the red onion, capers and carrot lox. Top with microgreens or dill, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, saving any of the leftover components in separate containers for serving later.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Salt Baked, Marinated
- Cuisine: Jewish
Keywords: vegan lox, carrot lox, carrot lox appetizer, carrot lox recipe