These crispy air-fried mushrooms are coated in a mixture of ground sriracha peas and panko, then air-fried. They are light and crispy with a touch of spice. A rich and creamy celery-mayo sauce adds a touch of clean flavor and a little crunch.
for the mushrooms
- 12 oz. mushrooms, stems removed (I used large white mushrooms, but brown and any variety of sizes will work too — see NOTES)
- 1 TB Follow Your Heart Egg, whisked with 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 cup sriracha peas, finely ground in a food processor
- 1 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- cooking spray
for the celery-garlic mayo
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, grated on a microplane grater
for the mushrooms
- Set up three medium-sized bowls: first bowl is the vegan egg mixture, second bowl is the flour, third bowl is the ground sriracha peas mixed with the panko.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the mushroom into the egg mixture, then the flour, then back into the egg mixture, then coat in the panko.
- Spray all sides with the cooking spray. Place into an air fryer. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. If using smaller mushrooms, bake for less time, keeping and eye on them.
- Flip, spray with a little more oil, then bake for 5 to 10 minutes more, or as needed. The mushrooms are done when nicely golden brown all over.
- Serve immediately with the celery-garlic mayo.
- You can use any variety of mushrooms here. For smaller mushrooms, reduce the cook time.
- These reheat very well in the airfryer! I reheated without any cooking spray, and they came out super crispy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Battered, Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sriracha peas, sriracha peas recipe, air fried mushrooms