for the buffalo cauliflower
- 4 cups of bite-sized cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo (I used Fabanaise brand)
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 3 cups panko
- cooking spray
- 1 cup vegan buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot – use more or less based on your preference)
for the salad
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- Follow Your Heart brand Vegan Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with a silpat, set aside.
- Whisk the vegan mayo and soymilk together in a large bowl. Add in the panko crumbs to create a batter, then allow it to sit for about 10 minutes to slightly thicken. Using your hands, cover each floret in the batter, patting it down with your fingers to help adhere it.
- Place the battered florets onto the silpat and mist the tops with cooking oil. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden. Remove from the oven, flip and mist again with cooking spray, then bake for about 15 minutes more, or until they are golden all over. Remove from the oven and allow the slightly cool.
- Toss the romaine and cilantro together, then distribute into 4 bowls. Top with the celery, carrots and avocado.
- Toss the slightly cooled buffalo cauliflower with the desired amount of vegan buffalo sauce, then add to the tops of the salad. Drizzle with the vegan bleu cheese dressing and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Battered, Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower, vegan salad