Firecracker cauliflower that’s been roasted in a garlic, vegan butter, sriracha, miso and peanut butter sauce. It’s perfectly spicy and easy to make!
for the firecracker sauce
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4–6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 2 TB miso (I used chickpea miso, but any kind would work)
for the cauliflower
- one head of cauliflower
- 2 TB olive oil
- medium-sized pyrex dish filled halfway with water
- extra firecracker sauce
- fresh parsley, chopped
- vegan bleu cheeze or ranch dressing
to make the firecracker sauce
- Warm the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir to coat.
- Allow to soften for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, ensuring that it does not brown.
- Add in the vegan butter and allow to fully melt. Add in the peanut butter and allow it to fully melt, stirring as needed to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the sriracha, stirring to combine, then add in the miso and stir until completely smooth. Remove from the heat.
to roast the cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut away any green leaves from the base of the cauliflower, but keep the base intact.
- You are going to pour some of the sauce into the cauliflower while it’s upside-down. To allow that, cut away any cauliflower stems that allow space for that (just minimal cutting and removal).
- Grease a medium-sized cast iron pan with the oil. Place the cauliflower inside (stem-side up). Pour one-third of the sauce evenly into the cavity. Using a pastry brush, brush the sauce all over. Leave the part that’s face-down free from sauce.
- Place the cauliflower into the oven (top rack) and place the pyrex with water on the rack below. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip (I used two big spoons) and brush the top with the sauce until well coated.
- Check to make sure the pyrex still has water – refill if needed.
- Bake for 30 minutes more, or until the top is slightly charred.
- During this bake time, remove twice from the oven. Tip the cast iron slightly to the side so the sauce pools on one side. Using a spoon, douse the top evenly with the sauce.
- Once done, allow to slightly cool.
- Serve immediately with any of the leftover firecracker sauce, vegan bleu cheeze or ranch dressing and fresh parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Category: Dinner, Side
- Method: Baked, Basted
- Cuisine: Asian, American
Keywords: firecracker cauliflower, spicy cauliflower, vegan cauliflower recipe