- 10–12 fresh lychees, peeled
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups almond or hemp milk
- pinch of salt
- 1-inch piece of vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup black tapioca pearls
- Bring four cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Throw in the tapioca pearls and boil for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 5 minutes more. Remove from the water and place into a container. Cover with fresh water and place a lid on it and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a container and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- About an hour before serving, place it in the freezer. Add some of the tapioca pearls to the cooler before serving.