for the filling
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- 3 TB raw tahini
- 1/8 cup water
- 1–2 tsp of mellow or chickpea miso
for the chocolate
- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Ghirardelli brand)
- 1–4 TB of raw agave syrup, to taste
- Place the raw cashews into a small food processor and grind into a fine powder. Add in the tahini and water and blend until well-combined. Then add in the miso and blend again. The mixture should be firm like peanut butter and easy to mold into a small disc in your hands.
- In a small measuring cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Whisk in the chocolate and agave. Pour a thin layer of the chocolate into the bottom of 4 cupcake liners. Place in the freezer to set for a few minutes.
- Take about a teaspoon of the filling and roll it into a ball. Flatten it out into a disc. Repeat until 4 discs are formed. Remove the cupcake liners from the freezer, place the disc on top, making sure a thin ring of chocolate is still exposed at the bottom of the cupcake liner, then pour more of the raw chocolate on top, until the disc is completely covered and the top is smooth. Then place in the freezer for 8-10 more minutes to set. (You may have some of the extra filling left over.)
- Miso is perishable, so keep the cups in the refrigerator unless you are serving them immediately.