This sriracha-nooch seasoning is for all sriracha lovers! The nooch (nutritional yeast) adds an umami flavor that works perfectly with the heat of the sriracha to create a spicy and savory seasoning!
for the seasoning
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- a couple pinches of flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat. Pour the sriracha onto the silpat, spreading it as thinly and evenly as possible with a bench scraper or icing spatula.
- Place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it, and check it after 30 minutes. You want the edges dry but not burnt. The center can still be shiny and pliable, but should not be wet. It will dry up a bit more after it cools.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. The thinnest-applied areas should be done—they will snap and flake easily when separated from the silpat, and have a matte-like appearance.
- Flake off and peel off the sriracha from the mat.
- Place the dried sriracha flakes and pieces along with the onion and garlic powders, cornstarch and salt into a small blender and process until powdery.
- If you want the nooch to remain chunky, don’t process it. Just mix it into the powder afterwards.
- Place into a covered container and store in a cool, dark place.
- It should keep for up to two weeks or longer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: sriracha seasoning, sriracha-nooch seasoning