This homemade toasted muesli recipe is perfect for meal prep. Simply toast plain oats and nuts, then combine with dried fruits of your choice! Serve with vegan yogurt or a splash of plant-based milk for a nutritious and filling breakfast!
- 4 cups of thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup golden berries
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Distribute the oats onto a large baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring it halfway between baking time. The oats are done when fragrant, but not browned.
- Preheat a large, dry cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the nuts and seeds and toast until fragrant, stirring occasionally. The nuts are done when you cam smell them, but not browned.
- Transfer the toasted oats and nuts into a large prep bowl and stir.
- While still warm, add the dried fruit and sprinkle with the salt. Stir again.
- Allow the muesli to cool completely and transfer to jars or containers for easy meal prep throughout the week.
- The muesli lasts about a month in a sealed container.
Feel free to sub the nuts, seeds and dried fruit with anything you prefer! See post for more ideas and substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Baked, Toasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy muesli, overnight oats, vegan breakfast, healthy muesli