This vegan crockpot stuffing is perfect for the holidays! It doesn’t take up any oven space and the low and slow heat makes the best, fluffiest stuffing you’ve ever tasted!
for the stuffing
- 1 1/2 loaves (or about 32 ounces) of cheap, white sandwich bread, sliced and diced, and spread out on cookie sheets to dry out overnight (I like to combine vegan country white with plain vegan white bread)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup melted plant-based butter, divided (plus more as needed)
- 3 cups vegan broth (plus more as needed)
- 3–4 tsp ground sage
- 1 cup chopped celery
to make the vegan crockpot stuffing
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until softened about 5-7 minutes.
- Add some bread to your crockpot, then drizzle with some of the butter and broth. Sprinkle with some of the sage, and add some of the sauteed onions and celery.
- Keep layering until you’ve used up most of the sage and all of the onions and celery.
- You’ll have some cubed bread left over. Every hour, stir the stuffing, and add more bread, moistening it with the butter and broth, and sprinkling with sage.
- After 4-5 hours, your stuffing is done! Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sautéed, Slow-Cooked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot vegan stuffing, vegan stuffing recipe, vegetarian stuffing, vegan crock pot dressing, vegan stuffing, slow cooker vegan stuffing, vegan crock pot stuffing, vegan slow cooker dressing