The vegan sausage wafflewich combines vegan cheesy waffles, crispy tots and plant-based sausage. Add a little maple syrup to create a perfect balance of sweet and savory. This makes an indulgent weekend brunch and is fun to make!
for the waffle
- 3/4 cup O Organics® Organic Soymilk, Original
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- cooking spray
- 4 O Organics® Plant-Based Organic Breakfast Patties, brought to room temp
- O Organics® Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- tater tots
- a couple tablespoons of chopped chives
- vegan butter
- Whisk together the soymilk and apple cider vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the AP flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Add the milk to the dry mix and combine just until combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Fold in the vegan cheese shreds.
- Allow the batter to come to room temp if still chilly.
- Preheat a waffle maker. Once ready, spray all over with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the waffle is cooking, give the O Organics Plant-Based Breakfast Patties a quick sear in a hot oiled cast iron pan.
- Once the waffle is done (when it stops steaming and both sides are golden), cut into 4 pieces.
- Sandwich the patties between the waffle pieces, dousing the patties with some of the O Organics Organic Pure Maple Syrup or drizzling over the top. Slather with vegan butter and sprinkle with chives if you’d like. Serve with crispy tots!
- Add a little sriracha to the maple syrup for a spicy kick to your wafflewich!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Waffled Ironed
- Cuisine: Dutch
Keywords: vegan waffle, wafflewich, vegan wafflewich, vegan sausage wafflewich