This vegan tuna salad is made from chopped hearts of palm, which create a flaky and delicate texture for sandwiches or wraps. This easy tuna salad is a great vegan seafood recipe that uses canned hearts of palm instead of fish to create a delicious fish-free sandwich!
- 14 oz. can of Organic Hearts of Palm
- 1/2 tsp kelp granules
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 2–3 TB celery, thinly sliced
- 2 TB Vegenaise
- Finely chop up the hearts of palm, then place into a fine-meshed sieve and gently rinse under cold water. Transfer to a fresh bowl of water and allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- While your chopped hearts of palm are soaking, preheat your oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with a silpat.
- Once your oven is preheated, gently pour the hearts of palm back into the sieve and drain well. Press down a bit—enough to remove as much water as you can, but not so much that you smash the hearts of palm.
- Spread the drained hearts of palm onto the silpat in an even layer and bake for 20-30 minutes, gently stirring them every 10 minutes to release some of the steam, but taking care not to let them brown.
- Gently smash up about a half of the hearts of palm with a fork, then transfer the entire contents on the silpat to a large bowl and add in the kelp granules, dill and celery seed. Stir gently to combine, then fold in the celery, then the vegan mayo.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator to chill for an hour or two or overnight to allow all of the flavors to blend, then serve with crackers, or spoon onto a sandwich with a little extra vegan mayo.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan tuna salad recipe, vegan tuna salad no chickpeas, vegan tuna recipe, tuna vegan, vegetarian tuna, vegan tuna, tuna substitute