This whisky-sriracha candy is perfect for Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day. Choose any kind of silicone mold to create the shape of your choice. This spicy and sweet candy makes a nice gift or someone special or just for yourself.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup corn syrup
- 1 TB sriracha
- 1 TB whisky
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (optional-it will give the candies a glassier appearance)
- cooking spray, for the mold
- Grease a silicone mold with a little bit of cooking spray or coconut oil. Wipe out any extra oil with a paper towel.
- Combine the sugar, water and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir with a silicone spatula to combine, then heat over medium high heat.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and insert the thermometer into the mixture, making sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan.
- Watch carefully until it registers at 300 degrees. Remove it from the heat immediately.
- Mix the sriracha, whisky and cream of tartar (optional) together in a small bowl. Then pour into the heated mixture with a silicon spatula slowly—it will steam and bubble immediately. Once it stops, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup, then slowly pour the mixture into the compartments, filling them 3/4 full. You have to work very quickly during this step, as the mixture starts to gum up really fast—the first of the 14 compartments I filled hardened very well, while the last two I poured did not.
- Allow the candies to fully harden before removing from the mold. Dust with a little powdered sugar on top if you want. Store in an airtight container.
- To get the stuck-on reside out of your pot and measuring cup, just soak them in hot water for 10-15 minutes, then wash as usual.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: whisky-sriracha candy, whisky candy, sriracha candy