Making and eating these this past weekend made me supremely happy. I remember eating Rice Krispie Treats out of ziploc bags when I was a kid and these kind of brought back some of those good memories. Last weekend, I visited the nice people at Green Street Natural Foods in Melrose, looking for some Sweet & Sara Vegan Marshmallows to make these, which I found. However, the shop owner pointed out that Suzanne’s Ricemellow Creme is better suited for making these rice krispie treats, as it melts instantly and is super-soft. I tried the ricemellow creme straight out of the container when I got home—it was rich and creamy and extremely airy and light. These turned out perfect: buttery, crispy, sweet and soft.Print
- 4 TB Earth Balance
- 10 oz container of Suzanne’s Ricemellow Creme
- 6 cups of crisp rice cereal
- cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt the Earth Balance over medium-low heat. Add the ricemellow creme, stirring constantly until well combined. Turn off the heat.
- Add half of the cereal to the saucepan and mix well. Add in the rest of the cereal and mix until well combined.
- Spray a large pyrex dish with the cooking spray. Transfer the mixture to the dish and spread evenly. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before serving.