This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Star Market. All opinions are 100% my own.
As we transition away from summer into fall over here in New England (yaaaay!), warm and cozy breakfasts are a perfect way to start the weekend. This one is sweet+savory, crispy+cakey and super easy to make!
Start with the basics and keep it simple. We’re going to pour some vegan waffle batter with vegan cheese shreds folded in and crisp it up in a hot waffle iron.
I used these three products from the O Organics® line which is available exclusively and, at a great value, in Boston at Star Market stores to make this recipe. These plant-based breakfast patties are lighter and crispier than the pea protein-based vegan sausage patties and have the right touch of pepper and other spices. Let them defrost and come to room temp before crisping up in a preheated+oiled cast-iron skillet. It only takes a minute or two on each side.
If you live outside of the area, you can also find these and the other O Organics products at any Albertsons Companies family of stores across the country, including ACME Markets, Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, United Supermarkets and Carrs. Visit starmarket.com/exclusivebrands to shop online or find a store near you.
Back to the waffle! It’s done when your waffle iron stops steaming and is perfectly golden all over.
Cut up your waffles into four pieces. Dunk the crisped-up, plant-based patties into a tablespoon or two of the maple syrup if serving as a sandwich or drizzle over the top if plating. Although not necessary, vegan butter, fresh chopped chives and crispy tots pull everything together for a perfect and indulgent breakfast for fall!
for the waffle
- 3/4 cup O Organics® Organic Soymilk, Original
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- cooking spray
- 4 O Organics® Plant-Based Organic Breakfast Patties, brought to room temp
- O Organics® Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- tater tots
- a couple tablespoons of chopped chives
- vegan butter
- Whisk together the soymilk and apple cider vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the AP flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Add the milk to the dry mix and combine just until combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Fold in the vegan cheese shreds.
- Allow the batter to come to room temp if still chilly.
- Preheat a waffle maker. Once ready, spray all over with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the waffle is cooking, give the O Organics Plant-Based Breakfast Patties a quick sear in a hot oiled cast iron pan.
- Once the waffle is done (when it stops steaming and both sides are golden), cut into 4 pieces.
- Sandwich the patties between the waffle pieces, dousing the patties with some of the O Organics Organic Pure Maple Syrup or drizzling over the top. Slather with vegan butter and sprinkle with chives if you’d like. Serve with crispy tots!
- Add a little sriracha to the maple syrup for a spicy kick to your wafflewich!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
Thank you to Star Market for sponsoring this post. I had the opportunity to work with a plant-based selection of OOrganics products from my local Star Market in Boston—check out your local family of Albertsons stores to see what’s available in your area.
Star Market also offers Grocery Delivery and Drive Up & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!