This homemade face and body coffee sugar scrub is easy to make and a great way to smooth and soften your skin! Gather your base ingredients: ground coffee, brown or white sugar, coarse salt (for the body scrub) and coconut oil. You can add in a little vanilla extract or other scented oils or spices listed in the recipe below as desired. Thanks to Star Market for sponsoring this post!
How to make coffee sugar scrub
To make this face and body coffee sugar scrub, I use Italian Roast Ground Coffee and Pure Cane Granulated Sugar from the Signature SELECT™ line and OOrganics® Organic Coconut Oil, which are available exclusively in Boston at Star Market stores. If you live outside of the area, you can also find these products exclusively at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores across the country, including ACME Markets, Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, United Supermarkets and Carrs. Visit starmarket.com/exclusivebrands to shop online or find a store near you.
How to store coffee sugar scrub
Both scrubs yield about a 3/4 cup each, which lasts for a couple of weeks in a sealed mason jar. I use them once or twice a week.
Once you’ve made and stored away this coffee sugar scrub to use later, settle down and enjoy a cup of coffee! Both can be a great form of self-care. The Signature SELECT™ Italian Roast is smoky+rich, and the Pumpkin Spice coffee from their Seasons line is spicy+sweet.
Over these past several months, I’ve been trying to practice more self-care by also:
- Walking outside or taking a yoga class online regularly (I love Yoga with Adriene!), and listening to my body and adjusting when I feel pain or discomfort.
- Journaling when I need to dump out things that feel heavy or confusing.
- Blocking off time on Sunday evenings to look at my week ahead and plan it out so it feels productive and balanced.
- Saying “no” clearly, firmly and fairly when I need to.
- Setting aside time to do things that reinforce feeling present and grounded in the moment, and not attached to achieving a specific outcome for someone else, like: knitting, taking care of my plants (I may have bought way too many over the past several months) and drinking some coffee while listening to a podcast.
Practicing self-care in these ways has made my life feel more balanced, allowing more calm in moments of stress and the strength to work towards dropping resistance to things I can’t control. It’s a work in progress, but worth the effort.Print
Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3/4 cup
A homemade coffee sugar scrub for your face and body. Made with coffee, sugar and coconut oil to gently exfoliate and soften your skin. Sweet and smoky, this is perfect for a night of self care! This lasts for a couple of weeks in a sealed mason jar.
to make a face scrub*
- 1/2 cup Signature SELECT™ Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Signature SELECT™ Italian Roast Coffee
- 1/4 cup melted OOrganics® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
to make a body scrub*
- 1/2 cup Signature SELECT™ Italian Roast Coffee
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TB coarse salt
- 1/4 cup melted OOrganics® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make either scrub, combine the dry ingredients together, then add in the coconut oil, stir, then add the vanilla extract. The scrub will be crumbly and resemble wet sand.
- Store in a sealed glass container on your bathroom countertop.
* If you’d like, you can add in a few drops or pinches of the following for an added scent or moisturizer:
- ground cloves
- cocoa powder
- orange oil
- sweet almond oil
- vitamin E oil
- Use caution in the tub or shower in case the coconut oil is slippery.
- If you are concerned about the coffee going down your drain, use a strainer to catch any grounds.
- Use once or twice a week to exfoliate and soften skin.
- This lasts for a couple of weeks in a sealed mason jar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beauty
- Method: Stirred
Keywords: coffee sugar scrub, homemade coffee sugar scrub, vegan beauty
Thank you to Star Market for sponsoring this post. I had the opportunity to work with a plant-based selection of OOrganics® and Signature SELECT™ products from my local Star Market in Boston—check out your local family of Albertsons stores to see what’s available in your area.
Star Market also offers Grocery Delivery and Pick Up for convenient ways to shop!
Hi! How long is this good for before it begins to go bad?
Hi Brianna, this lasts for a couple of weeks in a sealed mason jar.
Remi sakell says
Hi there. How many weeks does this last? Have you experienced it going mouldy?
Hi Remy, this lasts for a couple of weeks in a sealed jar. I just updated the card with this info to include that.