This is a luscious, creamy and buttery dessert that’s also ridiculously easy to make. There is a perfect balance of rich, salty, sweet and savory here and the texture is beautifully silky and smooth. Although I’ve topped it off here with a vegan butter and brown sugar sauce, any kind of sauce or fruit and any flavor can be used or infused into the panna cotta itself during the very minimal five-minute cook time.Print
VEGAN PANNA COTTA WITH BROWN SUGAR SAUCE
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp powdered agar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TB raw agave
- 1 tsp organic liquid lecithin
- 2 TB Earth Balance
- 1 TB brown sugar
- Place the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until well emulsified and bring to a small boil. Add in the agar, salt and agave and whisk for about 2 minutes. Add in the lecithin, whisk again, and remove from the heat.
- Pour into ramekins with lids or custard cups (grease with a little cooking spray or brush with oil first) and place in the refrigerator to gel overnight.
- To serve, slide a knife around the panna cotta, then place a plate on top of it. Flip it upside-down to release the panna cotta onto the plate.
- In a small cast-iron pan, heat the vegan butter and brown sugar over medium-low heat until it starts to slightly caramelize. Drizzle the sauce over the panna cotta and serve immediately.
Stephanie, The Recipe Renovator says
Mmmmm. This looks like you have created a wonderful firm texture, and the topping looks fantastic.
This looks incredible!