Although I’ve never gotten too terribly excited over a salad bar or restaurant salads, I do love a big bowl of raw kale. I usually use this dressing recipe on kale salads, but recently came up with this five-ingredient, raw tahini-based recipe, which perfectly compliments the taste and texture of raw kale. This dressing is rich and creamy, and perfectly balanced out by the subtle tang of raw apple cider vinegar. This dressing is easy to whip up, transforms a raw kale salad into a robust and filling dish in minutes and will dress several salads throughout the week.
RAW TAHINI AND CASHEW DRESSING
Yield 1 cup dressing
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (dry or soaked overnight)
- 3/4 cup raw tahini
- 2 tsps raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- raw kale, washed and dried and ripped into bite-sized pieces
- Grind the cashews in a small food processor until very crumbly, about a minute. Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth, about a minute more.
- To make the salad, place washed and dried kale pieces into a large prep bowl. Douse the kale with some of the dressing, then stir it around in the bowl in a circular motion. Serve immediately.
- This also makes a great coating for kale chips. Place the coated kale into a food dehydrator set at 130 degrees for 8 hours.
- Store leftover dressing in a glass container. It may be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.