Although I’ve never gotten too terribly excited over a salad bar or restaurant salads, I do love a big bowl of raw kale. I usually use this dressing recipe on kale salads, but recently came up with this five-ingredient, raw tahini-based recipe, which perfectly compliments the taste and texture of raw kale. This dressing is rich and creamy, and perfectly balanced out by the subtle tang of raw apple cider vinegar. This dressing is easy to whip up, transforms a raw kale salad into a robust and filling dish in minutes and will dress several salads throughout the week.Print
Cashew Tahini Dressing
- Yield: 1 cup dressing
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (dry or soaked overnight)
- 3/4 cup raw tahini
- 2 tsps raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- raw kale, washed and dried and ripped into bite-sized pieces
- Grind the cashews in a small food processor until very crumbly, about a minute. Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth, about a minute more.
- To make the salad, place washed and dried kale pieces into a large prep bowl. Douse the kale with some of the dressing, then stir it around in the bowl in a circular motion. Serve immediately.
- This also makes a great coating for kale chips. Place the coated kale into a food dehydrator set at 130 degrees for 8 hours.
- Store leftover dressing in a glass container. It may be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Sue/the view from great island says
This looks amazing, I can think of a million uses for that dressing!
Karen Agreda says
Looks so amazing! Can't wait to try!
mmmm this look amazing!
I love tahini and cashews! Great combination!
Scissors and Spice says
Oooh! That looks super yum!
Betty Morgan says
Excellent photography! Congratulations! Kale is very filling and the dressing you've creating sounds like a great match. Will give it a try this week.
Bridget @ The Road Not Processed says
argh! this looks awesome. I must make it asap, definitely would taste yum on a plethora of dishes…
This dressing looks great! Definitely going to try this soon. I love home made dressings, thank you ^_^
Mmmm, that dressing looks delicious!