I used to order egg drop soup in those little styrofoam containers a looooooong time ago. I loved the taste and texture, and upwrapping and devouring an egg roll or two with it. I had a random craving for it last week, so pulled out an egg replacer from my fridge to see if it would work.
A super simple broth with a little bit of ginger and soy sauce and some scallions for color and contrast … this is perfect comfort food!Print
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 TB VeganEgg
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cups No-Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- a few dashes of white pepper
- 1 scallion, chopped
- To prepare the VeganEgg, blend the ice cold water and egg powder together in a blender until fluffy.
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the ginger and a bit of broth and saute until slightly softened. Add the rest of the broth, soy sauce and white pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, then pour in the VeganEgg mixture slowly, stirring clockwise until ribbons appear. Remove from heat.
- Top with the scallions and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes