I’ve drenched tofu and soy curls in sriracha and Earth Balance before, and decided I’d try it again this past week but with chickpeas instead. So they went straight into a crockpot to baste in some buffalo sauce and a few other ingredients for a few hours, while I mashed together fresh avocado with some vegan sour cream to serve on the side. This tasted fantastic right out of the crockpot inside a soft tortilla, but was even better the next day served as leftovers, once all of the filling ingredients had a chance to mingle just a bit more.Print
BUFFALO CHICKPEA SOFT TACOS WITH AVOCADO SOUR CREAM
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
for the filling
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.), rinsed
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1 TB Earth Balance
- small onion, chopped
- 1 TB toasted sesame oil
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
for the avocado sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- salt, to taste
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- spring onions, chopped
- thai chilis, chopped (optional)
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a crockpot. Place on the low heat setting for about 3 hours, then increase the heat to high for one more hour.
To make the avocado sour cream
- Mash the avocado until smooth, then stir in the vegan sour cream, vinegar and salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to serve
- Place a bamboo steamer into a large skillet. Add a few inches of water into the bottom (make sure it isn’t touching the bottom of the steamer basket. Place tortillas into the basket, one at a time, cover, and allow to steam for a few minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the fresh parsley, spring onions and thai chilis into the chickpea filling before adding them into the tortillas. Serve immediately with the chilled avocado sour cream.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
These were absolutely amazing! I did a little tweaking, I used cilantro instead of parsley and I added 2 tbs of garlic. I didn't mash the avocado all the way, I sued a large avocado and left it chunky. But seriously this is now one of my favorite and easy dishes. Thank you so much for sharing this. Love love love it!
So happy you enjoyed — and thanks for your very kind feedback!
Made this for my family last week and it became an INSTANT family fave! It's simple, delicious and oh so satisfying. Already looking forward to making again! Thank you!!! 🙂
I love to hear that — thank you!