There’s nothing better than swiping freshly made bread through cold olive oil and a touch of balsamic vinegar with a cool crisp salad on the side—so why not put them all together? After finding this focaccia recipe, I’ve been whipping up batch after batch of it to indulge in for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it’s turned out perfectly each time I’ve made it. (I just scaled back the oven heat to about 430 degrees, and I’ve found it works best in an oil-coated cast iron skillet.) It’s perfectly crunchy and crisp on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside.
Now on to the news! Jeff and I moved from Boston to Los Angeles! It’s been an exciting, stressful, wonderful and amazing transition. The weather here has been staggeringly beautiful, and I can’t believe I’m in a place that is seemingly winterless and endlessly sunny, although I already miss Boston quite a bit!
Now that I’m here, I’m currently looking for a job in between getting everything organized and put away, slashing and folding packing boxes and stuffing my face at the countless vegan-friendly restaurants I’ve discovered here. (I’m talking to you Happy Veggie, Pho Show, Yum Thai Bistro and Veggie Grill), it’s been a fantastic, exhausting but exhilarating transition already, and I’m excited about the experiences that lie ahead of us!
I am also excited to be physically near(ish) to some of ∙ my ∙ favorite ∙ bloggers, and looking forward to meeting more in person. Until then, here’s an insanely easy way to enjoy this focaccia recipe. It’s vibrant, clean and the textures work well together to create a light and colorful lunch or appetizer.Print
- 1 Super Easy Focaccia Recipe (press and stretch the dough so it’s on the thinner side)
- 1–2 TB olive oil
- 1–2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- a few handfuls of fresh mâche, spinach or mixed greens
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare the focaccia and set aside to slightly cool. Remove from the pan and drizzle the oil, balsamic and salt over the top. Toss the fresh vegetables over the top and serve immediately with a little extra oil and balsamic on the side, if desired.
- Cook Time: 1 hours