If you are looking for a fun and easy idea for dinner guests, or a meal just for two, this is it! Pasta with white wine sauce is made with garlic, vegan butter, shallots and of course white wine. Add some oil-cured olives for a pop of umami and salt. More great additions are vegan chicken, greens, roasted tomatoes or mushrooms. Finish with a squeeze of lemon or some fresh grated vegan parm for an amazing and low-key dinner.
It’s very cold here in Boston right now. We’re surrounded by mounds of snow, with more coming next week. If that gives you a frowny face, may I suggest making this plate of carby noodle goodness to help warm you up?
Why this pasta with white wine sauce hits the spot
This pasta dish is easy to make, uses mostly pantry ingredients and hits the spot on these very cold February days in New England! I used Bucatini pasta here, but I think any kind of pasta will do. Oil-cured olives add the perfect amount of saltiness and umami to this dish, while fresh parsley gives it a little pop of color and freshness.
If you want to add more components to this dish, here are a few suggestions!
Get This Recipe In Your Inbox
Share your email, and we’ll deliver it straight to your inbox.
Plus, enjoy new recipes every week as a bonus!
This pasta with white wine sauce has garlic, vegan butter, shallots and of course white wine. Toss in vegan chick’n, halved fresh cherry tomatoes or mushrooms to taste! Finish with a squeeze of lemon or some fresh grated vegan parm.
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6–8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 servings pasta (I used 200 g Bucatini pasta)
- a few TB olive oil and a generous amount of salt, to season the pasta water
- 12 oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, warmed in the oven or toaster, with extra vegan butter to slater it with
to prepare the sauce
- In a wide and shallow dutch oven or skillet, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, reduce the heat the medium low.
- Add the shallots and stir to combine with the vegan butter. Allow to soften until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and olive oil, stir to combine, and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, making sure your garlic does not turn brown or burn.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan, then let the wine cook down for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder to the pan, and reduce the heat to low.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions, making sure to season your water with olive oil and salt. Turn the heat off.
- Using tongs, transfer the pasta straight to the pan with the sauce, increase the heat to medium-low, and toss to coat.
- Add in about 1/3 cup of the pasta water, just enough to loosen everything up and make it glossy.
- Add in the parsley and olives and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat, and distribute the pasta into two bowls.
- Serve immediately with the warmed bread.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sautéed, Boiled
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: white wine butter garlic sauce, white wine garlic butter sauce, white wine pasta sauce, wine sauce for pasta