This buffalo tots recipe is so good. It’s crispy, spicy and totally addictive! Serve with vegan bleu cheese or creamy garlic dressing and serve at your next get-together or party!
These buffalo tots are smothered in a buttery+buffalo sauce, then swirled with vegan bleu cheese dressing and topped with scallions and cilantro. This potato vegan appetizer is great for parties, get-togtethers or game day.
How to make this recipe
Grab that bag of tots from your freezer. Grease up your tots and season with garlic and onion powder. Arrange in a cast iron pan. Bake, smother with sauce, then bake some more. Drizzle your vegan bleu cheese dressing over the top, or serve it on the side. It’s so easy and delicious!
Add scallions, cilantro, parsley or serve with celery.
Want more tots and buffalo recipes? Check these out!Print
Buffalo tots baked to crispy perfection. Drizzle or dunk in a vegan bleu cheese dressing and serve as a vegan appetizer at your next get-together!
for the tots
- enough frozen tots to fill a medium-sized cast iron pan (I filled my 9-inch cast iron pan with 55 tots)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3–4 TB olive oil
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter, plus more if desired
- vegan bleu cheese dressing (I used Daiya brand)
- 2–3 chopped scallions
- 2–3 TB chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss the tots in the garlic and onion powders, then drizzle with the olive oil and toss again.
- Arrange in a circular pattern in a cast iron skillet.
- Bake according to package instructions. (See Notes below)
- Remove from oven, flip each tot then bake for 5-10 minutes more.
- Combine the butter and buffalo sauce together. Drizzle over the tots, then bake for 5-10 minutes more. Add more buffalo sauce as desired.
- Serve immediately with the vegan bleu cheese dressing, scallions and cilantro.
Most tots have to baked much longer than package instructions to get crispy. After the initial bake, be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: buffalo tots, vegan buffalo tots, buffalo tots recipe
This is a total just-eyeball-it recipe, so feel free to scale anything up or down. Devour immediately!
Gratitude and favorite finds from this week
Tara Brach’s Radical Acceptance blew my mind when I read it about a year ago. Her newest title, Radical Compassion, releases on December 31, which I have pre-ordered and can’t wait to read. In the meantime, I’ll be listening to Tara on Stitcher.
I try not to jump into and scroll through instagram too much these days, but when I do, I make sure I see what the amazing Cara from @happywholewoman has created. Her art, creativity, support and wisdom inspires me so much.
My current read is The Wisdom of Anxiety by Sheryl Paul. In the opening pages, Sheryl says “anxiety is both the wound and the messenger, and at the core of the message is an invitation to wake up.” I’m so excited to dive in and learn more from Sheryl!