A slow saute of lacinato kale in a bit of Earth Balance, olive oil and soy sauce transforms into perfection on a plate. This easy-to-prepare kale is a nutritional powerhouse, delivers a rich and buttery taste and offers a complex array of textures. This dish can stand alone as a meal or serve as a perfect compliment to almost any main course.
Get This Recipe In Your Inbox
Share your email, and we'll deliver it straight to your inbox.
Plus, enjoy new recipes every week as a bonus!
- 2 TB Earth Balance
- 1 TB olive oil
- One whole head of garlic, peeled and separated
- One bunch of lacinato kale, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1–2 TB sesame seeds
- red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Melt the Earth Balance in a large, flat-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat.
- Smash each of the garlic cloves with the side of a broad knife and throw them into to melted vegan butter. Add in the olive oil and soften the garlic for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once it is softened, remove the garlic from the skillet, but leave the remaining liquid.
- Increase the heat to medium and place the kale into the skillet and cover. Allow to slightly wilt for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce.
- To serve, sprinkle with the softened garlic, sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes.